At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for onsite and remote support of Tier 1-3 help desk tickets supporting infrastructure within the IT Department. Will be responsible for infrastructures such as VoIP Systems, Servers, Storage, Networks, peripherals and desktops. They will be responsible for architecture, engineering, security, and day-to-day maintenance. This position will work with desktop support as an escalation point and will provide back-up and on-call assistance as needed.
- Provide hardware and software support to onsite and remote users, including international locations. Participate in on-call rotation.
- Management and Administration of application whitelisting and ringfencing
- Troubleshoot outages and issues affecting network
- Build internal knowledge library including technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies
- Oversee network security and manage user access to systems and applications
- Review, maintain and recommend architecture improvements and growth plans
- Perform daily monitoring of hardware, software, scheduled jobs and backups
- Serve as point of contact for Managed Service Provider relating to network architecture and security
- Support and drive infrastructure projects company-wide
- Implement systems upgrades with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train internal IT support staff on new and existing technologies
- Perform duties as escalation point and backup for desktop support for helpdesk
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or Business and/or equivalent combination of education experience
- Relevant certifications such as CompTIA Server+, Network+, Security+ and/or relevant Microsoft Certifications strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of desktop support including at least 1 in Systems Administration role
- Experience supporting MS Office 365
- Familiarity with DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTP
- Experience managing Windows 2008-2016 Servers
- Supporting Windows Desktops running Windows 10 including OneDrive
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Hyper-V virtualization
- Understanding of networking and network hardware configuration
- Experience with mobile devices, preferably iOS
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication
- Experience with Azure or other cloud-based
- Experience with driving network security initiatives
- Ability to script in at least one language is a plus