At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by experienced technical support and a hands-on approach, we provide versatile pumping solutions for customers around the world.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces!
Purpose: The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for implementing sales strategies and promoting Valiant Artificial Lift products and services to local regional customers through assigned staff and own efforts to expand sales opportunities and increase sales.
1. Customarily and regularly manage direct reports to maximize productivity, efficiency, and the potential of the human assets of Valiant ALS, including directing job assignments, monitoring staff performance, coaching, counseling, training, assuring compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational mission, values, policies, and work rules. Provide regular and routine feedback and assessment on performance to each subordinate and provide recommendations for staff compensation, promotion, termination actions, and hiring as appropriate.
2. Coordinate sales activities by customer assuring consistent contact by sales staff. Assist Sales Account Managers with presentations, proposals, and customer calls.
3. Personally call on and drive to key customer and potential account offices. Lead and develop sales staff by own actions, generating sales leads, appointments, and sales calls. Develop / improve customer relationships at the mid-to-upper management levels.
4. Drive cross-functional engagement to further support sales activities with the relevant technical support.
5. Develop and implement consistent sales technique, sales process programs providing tiered training based on experience; assure that all salespersons are trained in equipment sizing and are utilizing all available sizing and application tools.
6. Evaluate and direct geographic expansion efforts and non-traditional marketing efforts assuring focus and performance measurements.
7. Coordinate with internal Valiant departments to clarify requirements of the sales efforts, validate product development and application efforts, and assure marketing materials are accurate and available timely.
8. Comply with Company policy and procedures, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions.
9. Establish and maintain market penetration within current and/or new opportunities. Track performance against established key performance indicators (KPI) and commercial criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business or equivalent combination of education, training or experience is required for this position.
- Must have and maintain valid state driver’s license.
At least 5 years’ sales experience in artificial lift, with a minimum of 3 years’ management experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Midland, TX 79705: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location