At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by experienced technical support and a hands-on approach, we provide versatile pumping solutions for customers around the world.
Meeting the dynamic needs of our industry requires lockstep coordination between our teams, and our success continues to be fueled by the talent and dedication of our people, the quality of our solutions, and our commitment to safety in all facets of our work.
Our people enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where they have ample opportunities to learn, hone their skills, and see their work shine.
Valiant is proud to be able to offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families, and we are passionate about highlighting, celebrating, and rewarding significant performance and service achievements through our ongoing employee recognition and awards programs.
Above all, we value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. At Valiant, we understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
Valiant is seeking a Production Planner to oversee a variety of production and inventory management systems.
Plan, coordinate resources necessary to schedule the manufacturing of pumps within the facility. Assure availability of materials/parts and create internal work orders to meet the production and assembly goals.
- Analyze production specifications and plant capacity to determine processes, tools, and human resource requirements. Develop systems and procedures required to meet service and inventory turn objectives. Develop production and inventory management plans to support demand.
- Schedule work in the plant by analyzing MRP, open jobs, combining like jobs and level loading to maximize production and efficiency. Schedule workflow in accordance with process sequence and lead times in order to plan the fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations in an effort to meet customer needs. This may include determining hot shot requirements and coordination with Supply Chain to expedite materials.
- Coordinate work with Supply Chain to obtain materials/components required for assembly and pending requirements. Confirm that work orders are provided to warehouse in advance and all departments are prepared for pump assembly runs to optimize use of physical, human, and financial resources.
- Prepare production reports and charts regarding pump assembly and prepare production status updates for organizational reporting. Identify current and potential product shortages, develop, and execute recovery, advise interested parties of status and recovery plans.
- Achieve consensus on operating plans and inventory goals and report back on them monthly. Facilitate meetings with sales teams and operations to forecasts core business. Maintain constant interaction with sales and assessment of demand requirements. Reflect changes in forecasts. Support internal customer service inquiries.
- Update status reports for manufacturing personnel so workers have accurate and up to date information.
- Provide reports and requested information to management as needed. Report inventory position and variation to targets to assist in assuring that the Financial Inventory Forecast remains current and accurate.
- Comply with Company policy and procedures, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions.
- High school diploma
- Must have and maintain valid state driver’s license
At least 3 years experience in the artificial lift industry, preferably in a manufacturing or production planning role.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Advanced project management / planning skills
- Basic data and statistical analysis process skills