At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
The Variable Speed Drive Engineer position will support engineering projects including conducting diagnostic, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning, and monitoring services of variable speed drives from various manufacturers for a wide range of Oil & Gas customers and applications.
- Work directly with and provide support to managers, engineers, field service, sales and customers
- Develop or modify PLC and drive-based machine control solutions meeting customer specifications, all applicable safety standards and functional requirements
- Participate in Controls development
- Undertake Engineering Review of third-party suppliers to ensure equipment meets Company Technical, Operational & Safety requirements
- Interface with customers, sales and project managers
- Participate in field trials of new technology
- Participate in manufacturing checkout and customer shop tests as required
- Prepare reports of site observations, testing processes, and commissioning
- Occasional travel to other Valiant facilities and customer sites
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required
- Experience in fields of system design, and construction of low voltage and medium voltage power equipment systems, variable frequency drives (VFD), soft starts, pumps, motors and phase shift and step-up transformers
- Experienced in electrical engineering design and principles related to controls and 3-phase power conversion and drive applications
- Experience with low and medium voltage enclosed drives for voltages of 460 to 4160 VAC and for powers that range from 50HP to 2000HP
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas sites and operations, artificial lift equipment installation, operation and well services
- Knowledge of horizontal multi-stage pumping systems