At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by experienced technical support and a hands-on approach, we provide versatile pumping solutions for customers around the world.
Meeting the dynamic needs of our industry requires lockstep coordination between our teams, and our success continues to be fueled by the talent and dedication of our people, the quality of our solutions, and our commitment to safety in all facets of our work. As a testament to our culture, Valiant is ranked as a Top Workplace in Oklahoma!
Our people enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where they have ample opportunities to learn, hone their skills, and see their work shine.
Valiant is proud to be able to offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families, and we are passionate about highlighting, celebrating and rewarding significant performance and service achievements through our ongoing employee recognition and awards programs.
Above all, we value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. At Valiant, we understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
This position will support engineering projects including design, conducting diagnostics, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning, and monitoring services of variable speed drives from various manufacturers for a wide range of Oil & Gas customers and applications.
- Work directly with and provide support to managers, engineers, field service, sales and customers
- Develop or modify PLC and drive based machine control solutions meeting customer specifications, all applicable safety standards and functional requirements
- Participate in Controls development
- Provide solutions for harmonic episodes
- Undertake Engineering Review of third-party suppliers to ensure equipment meets Company Technical, Operational & Safety requirements
- Interface with customers, sales and project managers
- Participate in field trials of new technology
- Participate in manufacturing checkout and customer shop tests as required
- Prepare reports of site observations, testing processes, and commissioning
- Occasional travel to other Valiant facilities and customer sites
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required
- Experience in fields of system design, and construction of low voltage and medium voltage power equipment systems, variable frequency drives (VFD), soft starts, pumps, motors and phase shift and step-up transformers
- Experienced in electrical engineering design and principles related to controls and 3-phase power conversion and drive applications
- Experience with low and medium voltage enclosed drives for voltages of 460 to 4160 VAC and for powers that range from 50HP to 2000HP
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas sites and operations, artificial lift equipment installation, operation and well services
- Knowledge of horizontal multistage pumping systems