At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by experienced technical support and a hands-on approach, we provide versatile pumping solutions for customers around the world.
Meeting the dynamic needs of our industry requires lockstep coordination between our teams, and our success continues to be fueled by the talent and dedication of our people, the quality of our solutions, and our commitment to safety in all facets of our work. As a testament to our culture, Valiant is ranked as a Top Workplace in Oklahoma!
Our people enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where they have ample opportunities to learn, hone their skills, and see their work shine.
Valiant is proud to be able to offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families, and we are passionate about highlighting, celebrating and rewarding significant performance and service achievements through our ongoing employee recognition and awards programs.
Above all, we value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. At Valiant, we understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
This position assures acquisition of required materials and services to meet the organization’s operational goals of quality, price, and delivery. This includes identification of needs, selection of supplier, negotiating terms and conditions with vendors, generating purchase orders or contracts, and tracking items until received and approved for use.
- Obtain quotes for parts and equipment inquiries from various functions
- Place and maintain orders and follows those through to completion, expediting and rescheduling as required to support your internal customers’ needs
- Utilize tools available to determine supply requirements for stocked items
- Facilitate supplier interactions to support efficient supply of products and equipment, cost reductions, and positive supplier relationships
- Identify and make recommendations on cost and productivity improvements to department manager and executes the selected productivity projects
- Monitor Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) and follows those through to completion
- Maintains data integrity in ERP system, including dates, prices, quantities, item descriptions, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
A degree in business/purchasing is strongly desired but a combination of education, training, and experience will also be accepted.
5 years’ experience in purchasing/inventory management in a manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate level of computer competency – specifically MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of inventory management and MRP fundamentals
- Capable of addressing problems quickly and effectively
- Effectively and professionally communicates both orally and in writing
- Must be detail oriented and able to manage and accomplish multiple tasks
- Able to operate with minimal direct supervision
- Run projects independently through to completion
Job Type: Full-time