Signing Bonus: $5000
At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life cycle of a well.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
We are looking for a talented Field Service Technician to join our team in Pecos, TX!
- Assign work to on-site employees and monitor completion to ensure quality standards and deadlines are met. Ensure that work is performed in compliance with pertinent regulations and processes, organizational mission, values, policies, and work rules.
- Pull and inspect ESP submersible equipment and accurately diagnose problems providing customer with an accurate analysis and recommending appropriate action; make necessary field repairs to equipment and cable.
- Assemble ESP submersible and wellhead equipment and perform and/or supervise the subsequent installation of tubing and banding of cable; perform periodic checks during installation to assure the electrical integrity of the system is maintained.
- Diagnose, recommend, and implement appropriate solutions for surface problems including problems with electrical issues, sand production, gas-locking pumps, and insufficient fluid production.
- Sets operating parameters on surface controller to assure operations within product liability range; review surface voltage calculation, designate proper transformer connections and wire size, ensure safety devices are installed and functioning correctly, start and monitor voltages, amperage and production rates.
- Install, maintain, and repair horizontal pumping solutions and controllers of various manufacturers.
- Check system design to assure it includes: adequate HP, correct cable size, sufficient casing clearance, correctly sized motor controller. Provide customer with written reports, equipment identification, inventory control and invoicing.
- Comply with Company policy, procedures, and safety requirements, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions.
- Safely operate motor vehicle to and from work site, load and unload tools and equipment with or without assistance. Maintain company vehicle and equipment in line with company policies and customer needs.
- Undertake administrative duties such as customer reports.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
1 year oilfield / ESP field experience is required, 3 years oilfield/ESP experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills required to operate computerized test equipment
- Basic knowledge of principles of electricity