At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces!
- Drive to customer sites in DOT regulated vehicle to perform installations
- Pull, install, and repair ESP cable. Perform cable and band installations. Maintain cable inventory
- Spools cable onto cable reel as tubing is being pulled out of well. Bands cable onto tubing as the down hole unit and the tubing are being run into the well
- Gather tools and supplies to be used at worksite appropriate for job to be performed. Prepare, load, transport and deliver spooling cable to and from job sites, unload and position appropriately
- Perform full and detailed inspection of cable, including splices and repairs, and maintain full and accurate records of inspections
- Assist Field Service Technician and rig hands in the retrieval and installation of submersible equipment
- May assist in shop to repair and prepare cable by searching and accurately marking breaks in cable
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on Company vehicle and spooling trailer and maintain required logs completely and accurately to comply with DOT regulatory requirements
- Comply with Company policy, procedures, and safety requirements, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions
- A High school diploma or equivalent is required for this position
- A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and clean driving record is required
Previous cable/spooling experience is required.
- Basic hand tool proficiency
- Basic computer skills required to operate computerized test equipment
SUPERVISION GIVEN: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision received: This position works under direct supervision; all work is monitored and reviewed to assure it is accurate, timely and complete.
Core – these skills, abilities and knowledge must be possessed by the individual in this role to a minimum level of proficiency as a condition of employment.
- Customer Focus – Meets the expectations of internal and external customers; acts with them in mind; uses customer information; builds solid customer relationships
- Integrity and Trust – Is honest and trusted; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; tells the only truth even if it hurts; does not misrepresent self for personal gain
- Policy Compliance and Corporate Citizenship – Complies with policy and procedures; cooperates; is not insubordinate or derisive; tries to be positive influence at work
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to our core values; acts in line with those values; walks the talk; enforces the right values and disapproves of wrong/inappropriate behavior
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform own job with a high level of success
Critical -these skills, abilities and knowledge must be possessed by the individual in this role to a minimum level of proficiency for a successful level of job performance.
- Action Oriented – Engaged and energized; able to act with minimal planning; quickly seizes opportunities; doesn’t need to be told when action is necessary
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes for real answers; goes beyond the obvious
- Time Management – Uses time effectively and efficiently; focuses on priorities; meets productivity requirements; gets a lot accomplished in the least time required
- Conflict Management – Steps up to conflicts; reads situations quickly; participates in resolution and gets cooperation; seeks and accepts common ground to build agreements
- Self-Development – Works to improve; knows different skills and approaches may be needed; actively seeks to shore up gaps in knowledge or skills; career-growth oriented
- Must qualify for work in accordance with company employment physical examination
- Work must be performed standing a majority of the time; includes routine lifting and carrying of up to 60 lbs., reaching above head and shoulder level and climbing stairs and ladders; handling, fingering and feeling objects with eye-hand and eye-hand-foot coordination
- Operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator
- Travel domestically by automobile or truck (as driver or passenger)
- Work extended hours whenever required or requested by management
- Capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance
- Routinely perform work outdoors in often inclement weather
- Exposed a moderate amount of time to unavoidable hazards such as: mechanical, electrical burns, moving objects
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.