At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
- Perform full and detailed inspection of cable, including splices and repairs, and maintain full and accurate records of inspections
- Trace out short circuits in power cable accurately
- Utilize automatic test equipment and portable meters to determine fitness for cable use
- Inspect and repair power cable per The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Standards (IEEE) and Valiant ALS specifications using high potential voltage testing
- Provide support to the Field Cable Technicians to transport, load and unload spooling cable to and from job sites
- Gather tools and supplies to be used in cable shop to improve efficiency and productivity
- Repair and splice cable in preparation for transport to the job site
- Comply with Company policy, procedures and safety requirements, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions
A High school diploma or equivalent is required for this position
No previous experience is required for this position; however, some oilfield experience is preferred
- Basis hand tool proficiency
- Basic computer skills required to operate computerized test equipment
PPE, hand sanitizer, and additional cleaning supplies are provided to staff. Safety and cleanliness guidelines have been implemented in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates are welcome to discuss any concerns during the interview process.