At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces!
Manage the identification and development of new business opportunities with current and potential customers and cultivate new markets, non-traditional markets and product line expansions, as well as expand geographic representation, representatives and distributors for Valiant products within assigned customer account(s) and locales.
- Develop customized sales strategies to respond to target customer(s); attend customer meetings and events to strengthen critical relationships and identify expanded technical and commercial opportunities
- Conduct analyses to identify and validate new business opportunities to increase sales in new applications or peripheral markets
- Coordinate between customer engineers/representatives and Valiant internal departments to assure customer specifications are accurately translated to product design and all product concerns are resolved; manage correspondence, reports, presentations, meeting preparations, travel, etc. required to facilitate timely and complete communications
- Actively encourage the identification and cultivation of new market possibilities by networking and promoting relationships with potential customers and distributors to identify specialty needs, market niches, and product trend information; attend industry events and trade conferences, set up sales presentations and exhibitions
- Develop annual and quarterly Business Reviews, annual budgets management presentations, etc. to monitor and report on business activity and commercial results and make timely adjustments as required
- Provide support and counsel to upper management as requested regarding deal negotiations, contract development, due diligence and other business/alliance development projects
- Comply with Company policy and procedures, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions
- High School Diploma
- Must have and maintain valid State driver’s license
- A minimum of 5 years’ artificial lift sales experience
- Intermediate level computer skills (MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Advanced project management skills
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Technical skills and understanding of sub-surface artificial lift equipment, applications, production, operations, drilling, workover and well completions, pressure build/transient IPR analysis
- Knowledge of traditional and non-traditional artificial lift markets, customers, contract structures
- Advanced communication skills both oral and written; ability to produce and present persuasive sales presentations
- Advanced relationship building, networking, customer interface abilities and customer service orientation
- Advanced level problem solving skills
- Mulit-cultural sensitivity and knowledge of protocol
This position has no supervisory responsibilities, close direction may be provided to assigned application engineers or other personnel
This position receives limited supervision. Work is directed by a supervisor and the results are periodically reviewed to assure it is compliant with quality and productivity requirements