At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by experienced technical support and a hands-on approach, we provide versatile pumping solutions for customers around the world.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces!
Purpose: Manage and coordinate activities required to ensure accurate accounts in the general ledger and AP system and assure payment of company bills to the advantage of the organization in terms of cash flow and discounts.
- Customarily and regularly manage direct reports to maximize productivity, efficiency, and the potential of the human assets of Valiant ALS, including directing job assignments, monitoring staff performance, coaching, counseling, training, and assuring compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational mission, values, policies, and work rules. Provide regular and routine feedback and assessment on performance to each subordinate and provide recommendations for staff compensation, promotion and termination actions, and hiring as appropriate.
- Review accounts payable documents to assure accurate and timely disposition, minimize vendor inquiries and maximize collection of outstanding credits and receipts; identify opportunities, and negotiate more favorable terms with vendors. Maintain current information in vendor files throughout the year to support efficient, timely and accurate production of annual 1099’s, prevent fraud, and support tax preparation.
- Reconcile sub-ledger accounts to the general ledger and remedy outstanding issues on a timely basis to support the preparation of accurate financial reports.
- Manage the completion of accurate month-end reporting including preparation of commentary on current month activity; perform required journal entries, ledger reconciliations, accruals, etc. and assure timely distribution of information to appropriate management representatives. Review reports to identify issues or areas of concern and discuss with management.
- Resolve various complex accounts payable issues related to billing disputes, credit card fraud invoice discrepancies, and expense reporting outside the expertise of staff in a timely manner that models a high level of customer service orientation and confidential discretion.
- Interpret company policy to supervisors and employees and review employee compliance with expense reporting, travel, corporate credit card, etc. procedures; advise management of recommended policy revisions as appropriate to prevent fraud, respond to employee issues, and comply with regulatory changes.
- Comply with Company policy and procedures, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related area of an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience is required for this position.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in accounts payable role with at least 2 years accounting management experience is required; experience within a SOX-compliant environment preferred.
- Advanced computer proficiency (MS Office-Word, Outlook, Internet, proficient with Excel, data import/export and structure and Net Suite)
- Intermediate-level interpersonal skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Detail orientation and keen attention to accuracy
- Knowledge of GAAP
SUPERVISION GIVEN: This position directly supervises non-exempt employees.
Supervision received: This position works under limited supervision; work is directed by a supervisor and the results are periodically reviewed to assure compliance with quality requirements. May commit resources to external contacts.
Core – these skills, abilities, and knowledge must be possessed by the individual in this role to a minimum level of proficiency as a condition of employment.
1. Customer Focus – Meets the expectations of internal and external customers; acts with them in mind; uses customer information; builds solid customer relationships.
2. Integrity and Trust – Is honest and trusted; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; tells the only truth even if it hurts; does not misrepresent self for personal gain.
3. Policy Compliance and Corporate Citizenship – Complies with policy and procedures; cooperates; is not insubordinate or derisive; tries to be a positive influence at work.
4. Ethics and Values – Adheres to our core values; acts in line with those values; walks the talk; enforces the right values and disapproves of wrong/inappropriate behavior.
5. Functional/Technical Skills – Has functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform own job with a high level of success.
Critical -these skills, abilities, and knowledge must be possessed by the individual in this role to a minimum level of proficiency for a successful level of job performance.
1. Action Oriented – Engaged and energized; able to act with minimal planning; quickly seizes opportunities; doesn’t need to be told when action is necessary.
2. Problem-Solving – Uses rigorous logic to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes for real answers; goes beyond the obvious.
3. Time Management – Uses time effectively and efficiently; focuses on priorities; meets productivity requirements; gets a lot accomplished in the least time required.
4. Conflict Management – Steps up to conflicts; reads situations quickly; participates in resolution and gets cooperation; seeks and accepts common ground to build agreements.
5. Self-Development – Works to improve; knows different skills and approaches may be needed; actively seeks to shore up gaps in knowledge or skills; career-growth oriented.
Supervisory/Managerial – these skills, abilities, and knowledge must be possessed by the individual in this role to a minimum level of proficiency to be a successful manager of people.
1. Strategic Vision – Sees ahead clearly; anticipates consequences and trends accurately; has broad perspective; is future oriented; can paint credible visions of possibilities; communicates a compelling sense of purpose; is optimistic; inspires & motivates.
2. Command Skills – Relishes leading, takes charge; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head-on; sets clear objectives, lays out organized work plans, monitors progress, provides feedback as needed; keeps two-way dialogue open with direct reports.
3. Dealing with People – Delegates both routine & important tasks and decisions, shares responsibility & accountability, tends to trust people; deals with problem employees firmly & timely, doesn’t allow problems to fester, readily makes tough and negative decisions.
4. Building Teams – Is a good judge of talent; can assess strengths/weaknesses of staff & project what people might do; blends people together to foster good morale & spirit; creates a feeling of belonging; lets others be responsible for their work; defines success for the team.
5. Developing Talent – Provides challenging assignments; holds development discussions; knows career goals of reports; constructs formal or informal development plans; pushes direct reports to grow; is a people builder.
Enhancing – these skills, abilities, and knowledge when possessed by the individual in this role enable a greater level of performance or contribution to the success of the workgroup and/or company.
1. Decision Quality – Makes good decisions; most solutions turn out correct and accurate; advice sought by others; decisions usually based on analysis, knowledge, and judgment.
2. Managerial Courage – Deals comfortably with more senior managers; understands how senior managers think and work; doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides direct, complete, tactful and “actionable” feedback; will take negative action when necessary.
3. Informing – Acquires and shares timely accurate information that others need to know; does not withhold information for power; freely provides information to help others succeed.
4. Intellectual Horsepower – Is intelligent and capable; deals with concepts and complexity; sharp, intuitive, and agile; has the intellect to be successful in own role.
- Perform sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting, carrying, and pushing of up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator.
- Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 7 hours per day.
- Must be capable of reaching above the head and above the shoulder.
- Must be capable of interacting with items using one’s hands, with one’s fingers, and by feeling.
- Must be capable of eye-hand coordination and foot-hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to communicate in a typical manner.
- Must be able to hear in a typical manner.
- Must be able to see near and far.
- Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
- Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in a climate-controlled shared office space with minimal noise.
MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions with minimum amount of supervision.
- Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence.
- Must be able to operate equipment requiring knowledge of special process.
- Must be able work alone as well as a team member.
- Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines/requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities.
- Must be capable of exercising the highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
- Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate the highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oklahoma City, OK 73102: Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Management: 1 year (Required)
- Account Payable: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: One location