Midland, Texas • Full Time
At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
The Welder/Maintenance Technician is responsible for welding tasks and performing general maintenance duties to ensure the efficient operation of equipment and tools in the facility.
- Cut and/or join metal parts in order to fabricate tools and equipment used in the facility.
- Lay out, cut, fit and otherwise prepare material for welding. Set up components for welding according to specifications, and prepare product and parts to be welded
- Fabricate material from schematics and other drawings
- Read and interpret technical drawings, sketches or verbal instructions to determine welding requirements
- Undertakes regular maintenance on all machines, equipment and tools in the facility as needed
- Perform regular test and inspection procedures to ensure that the product is formed in accordance with the specifications
- Maintain and update the results related to various tests and inspection procedures conducted regarding the product specifications
- Maintains work area, tools, fixtures and equipment to protect their condition and assure that there is no potential hazard to either personnel or the integrity of parts being assembled
- Comply with Company policy, procedures, and safety requirements, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a welder
- Must be a certified welder
- Knowledge of basic properties of metals
- Ability to weld various metal materials together