Midland, Texas • Full Time
At Valiant Artificial Lift Solutions LLC, we are driven by helping our customers achieve their production goals, effectively and safely. Our customer base is rapidly growing and we have vacancies for Variable Speed Drive Technicians at our Midland TX facility.
Local candidates only; relocation benefits not offered.
- Assign work to on-site employees and monitor completion to ensure quality standards and deadlines are met; provide opportunity for cross-training; provide on-the-job training and coaching to advance employee capabilities and the capacity of the work group. Ensure that work is performed in compliance with pertinent regulations and processes, organizational mission, values, policies and work rules.
- Inspect ESP submersible surface and downhole equipment and accurately diagnose problems providing customer with an accurate analysis and recommending appropriate action; make necessary field repairs to equipment and cable.
- Assemble ESP surface equipment and perform and/or supervise the subsequent installation of VSD and Transformer; perform periodic checks during installation to assure the electrical integrity of the system is maintained.
- Diagnoses, recommends, and implements appropriate solutions for surface problems including problems with electrical issues, sand production, gas-locking pumps, and insufficient fluid production.
- Sets operating parameters on surface controller to assure operations within product liability range; review surface voltage calculation, designate proper transformer connections and wire size, insure safety devices are installed and functioning correctly, start and monitor voltages, amperage and production rates.
- Perform specialized electrical work and basic repair on Variable speed drives, surface downhole pressure systems and switchboard wiring. Troubleshoot down hole pressure systems, converting switchboard wiring from one type of motor controller to another, changing control systems and installing voltage analyzing equipment.
- Install, maintain and repair horizontal pumping solutions and controllers of various manufacturers.
- Check system design to assure it includes: adequate HP, correct cable size, sufficient casing clearance, correctly sized motor controller. Provide customer with written reports, equipment identification, inventory control and invoicing.
- Comply with Company policy, procedures, and safety requirements, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions.
- Safely operate motor vehicle to and from work site, load and unload tools and equipment with or without assistance.
Qualifications and Skills
- A High school diploma or equivalent is required for this position.
- Must have and maintain a valid State driver’s license and Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Safety Training
- H2S Certification
- A minimum of three years’ field service technician experience is required for this position.