Oklahoma City, Oklahoma • Full Time
At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Travel Management Specialist to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for arranging and managing travel needs for the organization, leading relationships with travel vendors and optimizing overall travel costs.
- Be the owner of the US employee travel program, working directly with our travel agency and other vendors.
- Arrange and coordinate all aspects of business travels to meet the specific needs of Valiant employees and clientele by managing trips from start to finish.
- Develop best practices, policies and procedures for employee travel.
- Be responsible for completing invoice matching and reconciling cost of issued services to final billing.
- Keep sites and employees up-to-date on travel policies and procedures.
- Strategically troubleshoot systemic issues, both internally and externally.
- Become highly proficient in monitoring current market conditions and adjusting partnerships based on company needs & preferences.
- Oversee expenses and find creative solutions to control travel expenses for the company.
- Manage tracking and reconciliation for flight cancellations.
- Complete regularly assigned and ad hoc project work, including, but not limited to such assignments as: organizing special meetings and events, conducting cost analysis, analyzing administrative business processes for improvements, negotiating facility contracts and arranging payment, etc.
- Establish and maintain electronic archives and/or paper files (alphabetic, numeric. and subject); sort, classify materials and file both electronic and paper records and reports in a manner that protects the confidentiality of information, complies with departmental / Company document control processes and pertinent regulatory requirements and is easily retrievable.
- Conduct research to locate information, answer inquiries, verify data or facts and respond to internal and external customer concerns and inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Comply with Company policy and procedures, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions.
- Other administrative duties as needed to support the team.
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in travel coordination or a related administrative field.
- Intermediate computer skills with MS Office (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint); intermediate data entry skills
- Advanced knowledge of office procedures, filing systems, business and phone etiquette, office machines
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Advanced problem resolutions skills
- Advanced planning and organizing skills
- Keen attention to detail