Midland, Texas • Full Time
At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
The Test Shop Technician will conduct a variety of mechanical and electro-mechanical tests on submersible pump systems to ensure units function according to specifications or to determine condition / serviceability of the unit.
- Troubleshoot, test, assemble and disassemble company’s equipment, ensuring a complete inspection is performed and documented
- Participate in teardowns, to identify issues and possible solutions
- Perform regular test and inspection procedures to ensure that the product is formed in accordance with the specifications
- Implement and identify needs for improvement by conveying it to the senior personnel, so that quality of products is maintained
- Maintain a safe, clean, and healthy environment and ensure the compliance with the company’s rules and policies
- Maintain and update the results related to various tests and inspection procedures conducted regarding the product specification
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Forklift certification preferred
- No previous experience is required for this position however, some oilfield experience is preferred
- Basis hand tool proficiency
- Basic computer skills required to operate computerized test equipment
- Basic level knowledge of testing equipment