Midland, Texas • Full Time
At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
The Reliability Technician will follow established procedures and guidelines to tear down, inspect, and perform minor repairs on equipment. This position will also assist the Reliability Engineer with testing for failure analysis.
- Prepare equipment for tear down
- Inspect equipment and perform minor repairs
- Conduct SCADA trend analysis
- Identify failure components during dismantles and document the findings
- Update inventory records of dismantled and failed equipment
- Ascribe failure modes to each component and determine primary failed component
- Upload pull and install reports
- Determine cause of failure for individual components within ESP equipment string
- Send documentation to management and answer questions as appropriate. Forward complex issues to the Reliability Engineer
A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position
- 3+ years of dismantle inspection failure analysis (DIFA) experience required including previous experience generating failure reports
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to use a camera and possess an understanding of SD cards. Knowledge of downloading images and uploading into documents is required
- Working knowledge of proper use of hand tools
- Attention to detail is required