Midland, Texas • Full Time
At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces in 2017! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
Our customer base is rapidly growing and we have a vacancy for a Regional Inventory Manager at our Midland, TX facility.
Local candidates only; relocation benefits not provided.
PURPOSE: manage inventory levels within a specified operation to assure optimum levels of parts and equipment are available to fulfill customer orders while minimizing investing in excess inventory.
- Customarily and regularly manage direct reports to maximize productivity, efficiency, and the potential of the human assets of Valiant ALS, including: directing job assignments, monitoring staff performance, coaching, counseling, training, assuring compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational mission, values, policies, and work rules. Provide regular and routine feedback and assessment on performance to each subordinate and provide recommendations for staff compensation, promotion, termination actions, and hiring as appropriate.
- Coordinate people, processes, and information to assure that inventory is accounted for through cycle and physical counts to minimize inventory overages or shortages and meet the company’s anticipated production requirements.
- Assist in determining proper order items and quantities from suppliers. Coordinate with Supply Chain and Regional personnel to ensure proper equipment in appropriate amounts is in the pipeline or on hand.
- Routinely analyze inventory problems, collaborate with operation & sales teams to review forecasts in order to proactively identify inventory solutions and establish safe stock levels and communicate with planners, buyers/purchasers to achieve optimum inventory levels.
- Communicate with other company locations to troubleshoot inventory problems; coordinate parts and equipment requirements between locations and arrange for transporting materials as necessary to meet customer product delivery schedules in order to reduce charges due to customer delays
- Collaborate with operations and sales teams to forecast parts and equipment requirements and coordinate activities to receive value of using reclaimed parts in manufacturing processes.
- Comply with Company policy and procedures, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- A minimum of five years’ experience in inventory management to include a background in purchasing, quoting, and negotiating with vendors is required for this position.
- A minimum of one year of experience in an oilfield business environment is required for this position.