Norman, Oklahoma • Full Time
At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces in 2017! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
We are looking for a Talented Quality Specialist to join our team in Norman, OK
This position is responsible for providing support to Manufacturing, Engineering, Purchasing and Field Service as it relates to day to day QA/QC activities. The main function is to aid the organization in analysis, root cause identification and corrective action process development to resolve quality issues with internally and externally supplied products and services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical guidance to support the company’s quality objectives
• Help define methodologies for production control and assurance
• Inspection of first article, audit material and equipment for compliance to purchase order, drawings and applicable quality requirement
• Provide daily technical support to the organization through the analysis and disposition of Nonconforming Material Reports
• Maintain lab equipment, documentation and system integrity
• Manage the Measurement & Test Equipment calibration program
• Assist production personnel in troubleshooting quality issues
• Support the closure of corrective actions created because of quality related issues
• Provide assistance with the formulation of quality policies, procedures and programs that support the Quality Management Program
• Serve as a Quality Assurance representative at Material Review Board (MRB) meetings
• Participate in various continuous improvement projects to identify and resolve recurring product quality and reliability problems
• Collaborate with Engineering and Regional personnel in troubleshooting reliability and quality issues
• Interface with customers and suppliers on quality related issues
• Lead internal and participate in external audits to ensure Quality Management Program integrity
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of safety, quality and efficiency
• Other duties as needed and required
• Bachelor Degree in a technical/scientific field preferred
• Minimum three years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Minimum three years of experience working in an ISO 9001 certified company
• Experience in the Artificial Lift/Oil & Gas Industry or Aerospace preferred
• Strong computer and analytical skills
• Experience with GD&T, first article inspection, welding inspection.
• Well-developed organizational skills, with the ability to successfully meet competing deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including writing technical reports and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization, customer and suppliers
• Team focused and ability to relate well in an operationally diverse work environment