Midland, Texas • Full Time
At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces in 2017! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
Our customer base is rapidly growing and we have a vacancy for Quality Control Technician at our Midland, TX facility.
This position is responsible for providing support to Manufacturing, Engineering, Purchasing and Field Service as it relates to day-to-day QA/QC activities. The main function is to aid the organization in analysis, root cause identification and corrective action process development to resolve quality issues with internally and externally supplied products and services.
- Provide technical guidance to support the company’s quality objectives
- Inspects material and equipment for compliance to purchase order, drawings and applicable quality requirement
- Assist Engineering and regional personnel in troubleshooting reliability and quality issues
- Interface with customers and suppliers on quality related issues
- Support the closure of corrective actions created because of quality related issues
- Assist with the formulation of quality policies, procedures and programs that support the Quality Management Program
- Participate in internal audits of the Quality Management System
- Provide daily technical support to the organization through the analysis and disposition of Nonconforming Material Reports
- Serve as a Quality Assurance representative at Material Review Board meetings
- Manage the Measurement & Test Equipment calibration program
- Participate in various continuous improvement projects to identify and resolve recurring product quality and reliability problems
- Lead internal and external audits as necessary to comply with the Quality Management Program
- Assist facility production personnel in troubleshooting quality issues
- Bachelor Degree in a technical/scientific field preferred
- Minimum five years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum three years of experience working in an ISO 9001 certified company
- Experience in the Artificial Lift/Oil & Gas Industry preferred
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Well-developed organizational skills, with the ability to successfully meet competing deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including writing technical reports and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization, customer and suppliers
- Team-focused and ability to relate well in an operationally diverse work environment