Oklahoma City, Oklahoma • Full Time
At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Product Line Manager to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for the blended technical and commercial welfare of company’s product line by assessing the ongoing technology that depicts all the features of the line to ensure improved sales, profit margin and market share gains.
- Performs qualitative and quantitative research in regard to management, trends, productivity, sales, and profitability.
- Interfaces with the industry and ensures that the product line is appropriately communicated to the market.
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Designs commercial business cases for all potential new products. Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Provide training to customers and subordinates on all product line and NHA applications.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Manages the entire product line life cycle from sunsetting legacy products to prototyping and testing new features/products and ideas.
- Comply with Company policy and procedures, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications preferred, or an equivalent level of career experience in Product Line Marketing.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Sales and/or Marketing Artificial Lift equipment.
- Intermediate level computer skills (MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Advanced level project management skills
- Advanced level communication skills, both oral and written