Norman, Oklahoma • Full Time
At Valiant Artificial Lift Solutions LLC, we are driven by helping our customers achieve their production goals, effectively and safely. Our customer base is rapidly growing and we have a vacancy for Manufacturing Engineer at our Norman, OK, facility.
Local candidates only; relocation benefits not provided.
Purpose: Provide general process and technical support for the production of new and existing products to ensure efficient operations and manpower utilization
- Provide day-to-day support of the production/assembly processes to assure that products are finished and ready for shipment according to production schedule: troubleshoot tooling and equipment problems; train personnel in assembly methods and use of tooling as required; maintain assembly drawings, procedures, equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- Support manufacturing and engineering efforts, including the setup and design layout for facilities, equipment, and manufacturing procedures. Participate in Lean Manufacturing initiatives
- Study manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, assembly processes, and industrial engineering. Study utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and team members to suggest layouts that enhance productivity. Develop and manage process documentation, including work instructions.
- Gather and analyze process information including cycle times, measurements, test results, trends, etc., used for statistical process control, cost analysis, and planning.
- Analyze production activities and times to develop optimal work standards. Identify and implement process improvement opportunities in the production/assembly/tooling processes to reduce cycle time, reduce labor cost, increase safety, etc.
- Maintain safety stock and place purchase orders timely for tools/shop replenishment to ensure assembly operation proceeds uninterrupted.
- Prepare and submit financial analysis and justifications for approval of capital expenditures in accordance with Company requirements.
- Prepare, publish and maintain weekly and monthly manufacturing Key Performance Indicators to assure issues of production planning and manpower which may be inhibiting optimum use of capacity are identified and improved.
- Comply with Company policy and procedures, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Manufacturing or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience is required for this position.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing and manufacturing engineering with shop floor experience extremely important; familiarity.
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing processes preferred.
- Auto Cad and Solid modeling experience important
- Machining experience helpful
- Intermediate computer skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Expertise with an Enterprise Resource Planning system
- Expertise in line balancing, assembly work elements, tooling, and shop equipment
- Intermediate level communication skills both oral and written; able to facilitate group meetings
- Data analysis processes (Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma)