Norman, OK • Full Time
At Valiant Artificial Lift Solutions LLC, we are driven by helping our customers achieve their production goals, effectively and safely. Our customer base is rapidly growing and we have a vacancy for Manufacturing Engineer at our Norman facility.
- Evaluate automation processes, leverage innovative technology and develop initiatives to optimize employee safety, product quality, efficiency and cost reductions
- Perform software design, updates, controls and needed interface for PLC and HMI software programs
- Work to improve data logging solutions, test support and training to facilitate efficient processes
- Experience in taking system designs from concept to production which would include documentation for construction and creation of Bill of Materials (BOM) suitable for duplicating
- Develop mechanical/electronic controls integrating assembly, test, measurement, detection, monitoring including appropriate documents and procedures
- Generate appropriate documentation specifying equipment requirements, verifying and validating capability, and detailing instructions for operation, maintenance and repair
- Evaluate process capability to identify trends, determine solutions, work with various teams to plan, initiate, and implement improvements
- Work as part of the engineering team to support operations by driving continuous improvement projects
- Conduct root cause analysis and determine corrective actions for safety, quality, process, and environmental issues
- Work with technicians and engineers to promote defect-free processes
- Support the development of optimum assembly procedures and systems for new product launches and automation upgrades
- Interact with product designers from concept, through validation, into product and process released
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) with emphasis in Control Systems, Manufacturing Engineering, Automation Engineering, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience as a hands-on Controls Engineer or Applications Engineer working on automation and/or electromechanical systems.
- Experience should include hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment with controls and automation technology.
- Proficiency with various PLC and HMI languages applied to machine automation
- Exposure to supervisory control and data acquisition for graphical interface with PLC and PID controllers
- Comfortable with hands-on assembly and instrument testing
- Working knowledge in SolidWorks and or equivalent CAD software
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving skills with successful corrective actions (ie: Shainin, Six Sigma)
- Experience in the start-up and scale-up of manufacturing production
- Experience in the application of statistical process controls in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of quality systems and ISO requirements
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks toward target completion under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to interface effectively with engineering, manufacturing, technicians with a team-friendly attitude
- Able to work extended hours as necessary to complete work assignments
- Experience in Oil and Gas helpful