Oklahoma City, Oklahoma • Full Time
At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Manager of Global Purchasing to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for the global procurement of products, services, commodities and supplies that are used by Valiant.
- Customarily and regularly manage direct reports to maximize productivity, efficiency, and the potential of the human assets of Valiant ALS, including directing job assignments, monitoring staff performance, coaching, counseling, training, assuring compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational mission, values, policies, and work rules. Provide regular and routine feedback and assessment on performance to each subordinate and provide recommendations for staff compensation, promotion, termination actions, and hiring as appropriate.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the supply chain activities of the organization
- Develop purchasing policies and procedures and control purchasing department budget
- Evaluate cost and quality of goods and services
- Negotiate or oversee the negotiation of purchase contracts and agreements
- Manage project related teams and initiatives
- Stay current with internal and external factors impacting the purchasing function
- Lead the efforts to develop and maintain supplier performance reports
- Drive cost savings opportunities through make vs. buy total cost analysis of products from concept to completion. Identify the impact to product processes/costs and build realistic case scenarios for management team consideration.
- Comply with Company policy and procedures, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Supply Chain Management (Required)
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) Preferred but not required
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a purchasing role and a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a global purchasing role (Preferred)
- Basic computer proficiency (MS Office-Word, Outlook, Internet, proficient with Excel)
- Detail orientation and keen attention to accuracy
- Extensive knowledge of ERP systems (NetSuite experience beneficial)