Oklahoma City, Oklahoma • Full Time
At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Manager of Compliance and Logistics to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for ensuring timely, efficient, and cost-optimized transportation of parts and products in support of meeting Valiant customer needs.
- Customarily and regularly manage direct reports to maximize productivity, efficiency, and the potential of the human assets of Valiant ALS, including directing job assignments, monitoring staff performance, coaching, counseling, training, assuring compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational mission, values, policies, and work rules. Provide regular and routine feedback and assessment on performance to each subordinate and provide recommendations for staff compensation, promotion, termination actions, and hiring as appropriate.
- Protect the interests of the company by leading company-wide efforts to develop, document and implement procedures to ensure compliance to import/export regulations of US Customs and various governments in which Valiant does business.
- Implement and maintain the Customs Compliance program for all U.S. import shipments on behalf of the company, ensuring all regulations and legal obligations are met and records of such compliance are appropriately documented and maintained.
- Implement and maintain the Export Compliance program for all U.S. export shipments on behalf of the company, ensuring all regulations and legal obligations are met and records of such compliance are appropriately documented and maintained.
- Responsible for analyzing foreign trade laws and regulations as well as potential risk to business
- Research, analyze and engage appropriate freight transportation resources to support shipments of company parts and products. Ensure that transportation modes, frequency of transports and routing are as efficient and as cost effective as possible.
- Cultivate and maintain positive and productive business relationships with supply chain partners and other departments, creating and employing efficient processes. Deliver timely responses to opportunities and challenges in support of exceptional Valiant customer service.
- Monitor and advise the appropriate staff members of revisions/changes to export control laws and regulations
- Ensure timely clearance and delivery of import cargo by monitoring all air, ocean or other modes of shipments through US Customs
- Monitor Compliance and Logistics key performance indicators, identify opportunities for continuous improvement, and make recommendations to the VP of Global Manufacturing & Supply Chain for needed change in process.
- Comply with Company policy and procedures, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related area of an equivalent combination of education, training or experience is required for this position.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Customs compliance and international logistics experience.
- Prior work experience in US customs agency is preferred
- Basic computer proficiency (MS Office-Word, Outlook, Internet, proficient with Excel, data import/export and structure and Net Suite)
- Detail orientation and keen attention to accuracy
- Extensive knowledge of supply chain logistics and compliance issues