Midland, Texas • Full Time
At Valiant Artificial Lift Solutions LLC, we are driven by helping our customers achieve their production goals, effectively and safely. Our customer base is rapidly growing and we have a vacancy for an experienced Machinist for our Midland, TX facility.
Local candidates only; relocation benefits not offered for this position.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Set up, adjust, and operate the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools to perform precision machining operations.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Must demonstrate intermediate skill level (indicate part, turn OD’s, and qualify ID and OD) on at least two machines; CNC mill, CNC lathe, manual mill, brooch, drill press, rework lathe/press lathe.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls as required.
- May perform machining, painting, and/or shipping processes.
- Must be able to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, and grinders.
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.
- A High school diploma or equivalent is required for this position.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a machinist. Oilfield service equipment manufacturing experience a plus.