Midland, Texas • Full Time
At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces in 2017! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
Our customer base is rapidly growing and we have a vacancy for HSE Specialist at our Midland, TX facility.
Responsible for accomplishing company objectives by overseeing the development, implementation and continual improvement efforts related to HS&E. This position requires knowledge of OSHA regulations and experience applying those standards to ensure the safety of the Company’s employees. Assist management with ensuring continual improvement in HSE performance, achieving and maintaining high levels of operational compliance with regulatory, business, and other requirements, and promoting and maintaining safe healthy work environments for all employees.
- Ensure worksite compliance with OSHA and company safety standards
- Perform periodic safety audits of worksite operations
- Analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns
- Partner with management in conducting accident and incident investigations, determine root cause, and recommend corrective measures
- Assist with OSHA investigations and regulations
- Provide ongoing employee safety and OSHA training
- Communicate regularly with employees and management regarding a variety of safety topics and issues
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in in technical field (engineering/science, environmental science, industrial hygiene, occupational safety and health sciences)
- 1-3 years of experience in an HSE compliance role preferably within an Oil & Gas Service company
- HSE Management Programs
- HSE Documentation Development
- Control & Record Keeping
- Incident/Accident Investigations & Injury Case Management
- Environmental Aspects
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment
- MS Office (especially Excel, Word & PowerPoint)