Norman, Oklahoma • Full Time
At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces in 2017! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
Our customer base is rapidly growing and we have a vacancy for Field Cable Technician at our Norman, OK, facility.
Local candidates only; relocation benefits not provided.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Pull, install and repair ESP cable
- Prepare and deliver cable and other work materials as required to wellsite; perform cable and band installations. Assist coworkers in the field.
- Perform full and detailed inspection of cable, including splices and repairs, and maintain full and accurate records of inspections.
- Maintain cable inventory.
- Undertake administrative duties such as customer reports, inventory reports, invoicing, etc.
- Ensure full compliance with safety and DOT regulations.
Qualifications and Skills
- A High school diploma or equivalent is required for this position.
- Safety training (well site safety and DOT driver safety)
- A Commercial Driver’s License and clean driving record is required for vehicle operators and preferred for all in this position.
- Three years’ cable experience or significant some oilfield experience is preferred.