Midland, Texas • Full Time
At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces in 2017! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Pull, install, and repair ESP cable. Perform cable and band installations. Maintain cable inventory.
- Spools cable onto cable reel as tubing is being pulled out of well. Bands cable onto tubing as the downhole unit and the tubing are being run into the well.
- Gather tools and supplies to be used at worksite appropriate for job to be performed. Prepare, load, transport and deliver spooling cable to and from job sites; unload and position appropriately.
- Perform full and detailed inspection of cable, including splices and repairs, and maintain full and accurate records of inspections.
- Assist Field Service Technician and rig hands in the retrieval and installation of submersible equipment.
- May assist in shop to repair and prepare cable by searching and accurately marking breaks in cable.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on Company vehicle and spooling trailer and maintain required logs completely and accurately to comply with DOT regulatory requirements.
- Comply with Company policy, procedures, and safety requirements, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions.
- A High school diploma or equivalent is required for this position.
- Safety training (well site safety and DOT driver safety)
- A Commercial Driver’s License and clean driving record is required for vehicle operators and preferred for all in this position.
- No previous experience is required for this position; however 3 years’ cable experience or significant some oilfield experience is preferred.