Oklahoma City, Oklahoma • Full Time
Valiant Artificial Lift Solutions, LLC – Oklahoma City or Norman, OK
At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
The Database Developer will be responsible for designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing and maintaining our company’s databases.
- Design and develop database objects, tables, stored procedure, views, triggers and SSIS packages
- Develop best practices for database design and development activities
- Create functional reports based on databases
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Prepare design specifications and functional documentations for assigned database projects
- Participate in database design and architecture to support application development projects
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, Mathematics, Engineering or other science or
- an equivalent combination of education, training or experience with a SQL certification is required for this position
At least 5 years’ experience in database development in SQL including database design
- 5 years of experience in software development, using Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, and T-SQL language (queries, views, procedures), SQL Server Database Design, Stored Procedure Design and implementation. Must have strong SQL skills
- Good understanding of data and schema standards and concepts
- Good understanding of relational database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Strong data cleansing and ETL experience
- Familiarity with BI Technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI)
- Familiarity with ERP systems (e.g. NetSuite)
- Knowledge with additional programming language related to database to include C#, VB, Java are preferred
- Experience with data visualization techniques such as dashboards
- Knowledge of analytics/data science methods are preferred