Oklahoma City, Oklahoma • Full Time
At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces in 2017! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
Our customer base is rapidly growing and we have a vacancy for Application Engineer at our Oklahoma City, OK facility.
- Conduct analysis of well production and fluid level data to properly size ESP and/or HPS applications and accurately quote tenders and bids. Utilize knowledge and software to perform a variety of sizing calculations, and provide quotations and recommendations for optimum equipment selection.
- Monitor new applications after installation to analyze well performance, identify problems, and proactively recommend changes in procedures or equipment design to increase run life of current installation.
- Review well data and equipment offerings. Provide data reports and feedback to customers and internal management on well and equipment performance to assist in optimizing unit performance with the next installation.
- Test new equipment designs and sizing tools to enhance the applications engineering capabilities in support of serving customers and increasing market share for the Company.
- Work closely with customers and in-house teams to ensure the delivery of quality service. Participate in the compilation of quotes and proposals. Provide presentations and training sessions to customers and employees regarding the basics of ESP and/ or HPS product and sizing issues.
- Actively build positive customer relations to support continued sales of products and services.
- Comply with Company policy and procedures, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum/Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience is required for this position
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry with relevant experience in submersible pump applications
- Intermediate computer skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); Visual Basic NET preferred
- Intermediate level communication skills both oral and written; able to make group presentations / training
- Intermediate level knowledge of commissioning equipment
- Intermediate knowledge of switchboards, controllers, variable speed drives
- Travel as needed to support customer or sales meetings