Oklahoma City, Oklahoma • Full Time
At Valiant, service is at the core of everything we do. Backed by industry expertise, our solutions-based approach begins at well design and continues through the entire life-cycle of a well.
We are proud of being named as one of Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families. We also highlight, celebrate and reward significant performance and service achievements through annual awards. We value every member of our team and seek to provide them peace of mind by supporting them both financially and by fostering a company culture founded on respect and compassion. We understand the value of investing in the people that make our company great.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk will support the accounting department by performing standard and non-routine clerical duties in the areas of accounts payable, receivable and general accounting.
- Timely review of posted receipts, including verification of accurate quantities and values, supporting documentation, coding, and transaction dates.
- Post daily deposits
- Process incoming mail concerning billing and invoicing
- Communicate with clients about billing discrepancies and questions
- Initiate collections on past-due accounts
- Maintain accounting ledgers as required
- Audit ledgers to ensure they contain correct information, such as billing addresses and invoice numbers
- Prepare journal entry document and obtain journal entry support. Reconcile general ledger accounts to ensure balances are accurate
- Assist in month end closing and other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Prepare customer invoices as work is performed and send to customers by mail or enter into online customer billing system as applicable
- Create accurate and timely reports
- Comply with Company policy and procedures, whether written or communicated verbally, including the instructions and directions from individuals in direct supervisory positions
- High School Diploma or equivalent; a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ AR experience
- Industry experience in either Oil & Gas or Manufacturing
- General knowledge of accounts payable and general accounting
- Intermediate to Advanced computer proficiency (MS Office, especially in Excel)